Katy Christian Magazine and Fort Bend Christian Magazine are officially announcing our endorsement of Don Huffines for Texas Governor. After Don graciously spent a half an hour on the phone last week speaking about the issues Texans are facing, the decision to endorse him for Texas Governor was very easy. Here’s why:
With the lack of leadership from Texas Governor Greg Abbott over this issue, one would think that this problem is recent. Sure, he has produced some great soundbites and PR on Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity, and the like, but when it comes to real action, he’s all hat and no cattle. Texans deserve someone who is committed to our border security through action, not mere talk.
Don’s pillars on this issue are:
- Deploy the Texas National Guard to secure the border.
- Finish Trump’s wall.
- Put economic pressure on Mexico.
- End taxpayer subsidies to illegals and mandate E-Verify.
Voter fraud and illegal ballot harvesting are rampant in Texas, but Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton prosecutes very few cases. The Texas House are content with writing bills that have very little teeth in them. Unless someone puts a stop to this, our votes will no longer determine who’s elected, but by politicians and special interest groups that are willing to pay illegal ballot harvesters the most money to help them get elected. This needs to stop.
Don will accomplish the following:
- Purge voter rolls of illegal aliens, dead people, and other ineligible individuals.
- Require citizens be verified before voters are added to the rolls.
- Investigate and aggressively prosecute voter fraud.
- Institute a special police task force starting with 500 officers that solely protect voter integrity and prosecute those who violate our Texas voting laws.
As most Texans know, property taxes in our state are getting completely out of hand with no end in sight. Most of us are being nickeled and dimed to death by city, state, and federal taxes, and this needs to stop. This is our money, not the government’s. Don wants to eliminate them all together, and anyone who wants to lower, not raise, our taxes, we’re all for. Here are a few of his promises:
- Phase out the property tax system entirely.
- Allow Texans to vote on a constitutional amendment that puts property taxes on a path to zero.
- Place a stronger cap on state spending and then prioritize our budget to ensure that public schools are fully funded.
Huffines also covered many other topics and policy ideas that Katy Christian Magazine believes reflect the views and values of our readership. We need to take back Texas, and we believe that Huffines has the faith, moral character, and fortitude to do just that. Please join us in supporting Don Huffines for Texas Governor.