• 2–3 large, ripe tomatoes
• 1 cup raw cashews
• 2 tablespoons tomato paste
• 1/4 cup water
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 pound whole wheat spaghetti (or sub out with rice spaghetti)
• 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
• 1–2 teaspoons freshly cracked, coarse black pepper
• 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
1. Put a large pot of salted water on to boil.
2. Core the tomatoes and roughly chop. Add to your blender or food processor — seeds, skin and all.
3. Add cashews, tomato paste, and water. Blend until smooth.
4. Add olive oil to a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and sauté until golden, being careful not to burn.
5. Once water is boiling, add pasta.
6. Pour sauce from the blender into the sauté pan and bring to a simmer. Add salt and let cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Let simmer until pasta is finished cooking.
7. Once pasta is cooked, reserve 1 cup pasta water and drain.
8. Add pasta to the sauté pan with black pepper and freshly chopped basil leaves. Toss to coat and use reserved pasta water to thin sauce to desired consistency. Serve immediately, garnishing with more pepper and basil.
Yield: 4 servings | Calories: 554 per serving
Support Christian Journalism
Freedom is Not Free! Free Speech is essential to a functioning Republic. The assault on honest, Christian Journalism and Media has taken a devastating toll over the last two years. Many Christian media outlets have not survived.
It is through your Generosity and Support that we are able to promote Free Speech and Safeguard our Freedoms and Liberties throughout our Communities and the Nation. Without your donations, we cannot continue to publish articles written through a Biblical worldview.
Please consider donating or subscribing today. A donation of any size makes a Big Difference. Thank you for your Support!