Happy Father’s Day to all you dads! My Dad, Ernest Hotze, was a very successful entrepreneur who graduated with a petroleum engineering degree from Oklahoma University during the Great Depression in 1935. When I graduated from the University of Texas Medical School in Houston on July 30, 1976, my father held a banquet for me at the Houston Club. Over dinner, Dad turned to me and said, “Son, don’t poison your patients like all the other doctors do.”
My dad’s common-sense advice really turned out to be prophetic. Over the next 13 years, those words that he had sown in my thoughts grew into a passion to pursue natural approaches to health that ultimately gave birth to the Hotze Health & Wellness Center in 1989.
Men, the above story exemplifies male pattern behavior which is a direct result of testosterone. Testosterone turns scrawny, little boys with squeaky voices, into men who shave, have deep voices, developed muscles, interest in the fairer sex and who think that they are invincible. Testosterone levels reach a peak when a man is in his early 20s. Testosterone begins to decline naturally as men age, so that at age 40, testosterone levels are one third of what they were at their peak, at age 50 one-half the level, and at age 60, one-quarter the level. This decline in testosterone has numerous adverse health consequences.
Petrochemicals in the environment can disrupt testosterone production and utilization. Male sperm count has declined by 50% over the last 50 years. This is a result of the petrochemicals in the environment which exert an estrogenic effect on men. Try to avoid eating and drinking out of anything plastic, limit exposure to pesticides and fertilizers, and use natural personal care products.
Testosterone plays a huge role in the long-term health of men. Allow me to explain.
10 Benefits of Testosterone for Men’s Health
1. Enhances Brain Health – Testosterone is critical for maintaining mental sharpness and memory. It increases initiative, assertiveness, sense of well-being, self-confidence, moods, goal orientation, drive, decisiveness, and analytical abilities. Testosterone even has a positive effect on spatial and verbal memory in Alzheimer’s patients.
2. Builds Strong Muscles – Testosterone improves muscle mass, strength and tone, and increases stamina and endurance.
3. Protects Heart Health – Testosterone protects the heart and arteries, lowering blood pressure by dilating the coronary arteries, decreasing the risk of heart disease. Men with atherosclerosis, hardening of the arteries, often have low testosterone levels.
4. Increases Energy – Testosterone helps maintain a healthy metabolism which improves your energy level. There is a significant increase in energy production associated with testosterone replacement therapy. Testosterone works in harmony with the thyroid hormone that enables the cells to produce and use energy.
5. Improves Love Life – Testosterone improves romantic moods and inclinations. It also improves a man’s sexual potency. Testosterone replacement therapy has been shown to improve erectile dysfunction.
6. Supports Bone Health – Testosterone plays a role in bone health by stimulating osteoblast activity that builds strong bones. Low testosterone is a well-acknowledged cause of bone loss and osteoporosis. Decreased bone mineral density and increased fracture risk occur in men with low testosterone.
7. Increases Quality of Life and Sense of Well-Being – Testosterone increases a man’s sense of well-being and improves quality of life.
8. Enhances Weight Loss – Testosterone decreases body fat around the waist. Testosterone therapy enables sustained weight loss and improved muscle tone, especially when paired with a healthy eating lifestyle.
9. Improves Moods, Anxiety and Depression – In addition to improving moods, testosterone supplementation can help relieve anxiety and depression. Low testosterone can cause depression, loss of libido, nervousness, and irritability. These symptoms increase in men as they age.
10. Improves Sleep – Testosterone improves sleep and sleep apnea. Low testosterone causes men to wake up frequently throughout the night, snore, and have unrefreshing sleep. Testosterone supplementation helps resolve these symptoms.
At the Hotze Health & Wellness Center, we have been specializing in hormone replacement therapy for over 33 years. We’ve had great success in helping men resolve their symptoms and get their lives back with bioidentical testosterone. It only makes sense to replace what is missing and restore your hormones back to normal levels with bioidentical hormones that are identical to those made by your body.
Our providers have expertise in administering bioidentical testosterone therapy. Having the correct dosage for your individual needs and monitoring testosterone levels is extremely important. You can trust us to get you where you need to be.
If you or someone you know would benefit from testosterone treatment, then please call us at the Hotze Health & Wellness Center today at (281) 698- 8698 for a complimentary consultation.
It’s time to get your energy and vitality back so you can live your best life!
To schedule a Free Wellness Consultation with the Hotze Health & Wellness Center—call us at 281-698-8698 or visit hotzehwc.com. to take the symptom checker to find out if you could be experiencing symptoms of hormone decline.