These fluffy banana protein pancakes are a healthy, low-calorie breakfast that tastes amazing and fills you up! Protein pancakes, or “anabolic pancakes,” have recently become popular among bodybuilders and athletes, and people who are trying to lose weight. With this dish, you will start your day off satisfied, energetic and on the path toward meeting your macros.
40g vanilla protein powder (i.e. pea protein)
1 large ripe banana
⅛ – ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp sea salt
2 large eggs
Olive or coconut oil, or salted non-GMO butter
Salted non-GMO butter
- In two separate mixing bowls, separate the egg yolks from the egg whites. Make sure that there is no oil, butter or yolk in the bowl with the egg whites, so that they can form peaks.
- Whisk the egg whites quickly for two minutes, or until they form soft peaks.
- Whisk the egg yolks separately, and mix all other ingredients (other than egg whites, butter or oil) into this bowl, until mixture is smooth.
- Fold ⅓ of the egg whites into the bowl at a time, and stir until well combined.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, with butter or oil. Scoop ¼ cup of the batter onto the skillet, and cook for 45-90 seconds on each side.
- Serve immediately. To top, I recommend salted, non-GMO butter, raw honey, berries or sliced banana, and chia seeds (for fiber)!