• 8 ounces extra-firm tofu
• 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
• 1/4 red onion (thinly sliced)
• 1/2 red pepper (thinly sliced)
• 2 cups kale (loosely chopped)
• 1/2 tsp sea salt (reduce amount for less salty sauce)
• 1/2 tsp garlic powder
• 1/2 tsp ground cumin
• 1/4 tsp chili powder
• Water (to thin)
• 1/4 tsp turmeric (optional)
For Serving (optional)
• Hot Sauce
• Breakfast potatoes, toast, and/or fruit
1) Pat tofu dry and roll in a clean, absorbent towel with something heavy on top, such as a cast-iron skillet, for 15 minutes.
2) While tofu is draining, prepare sauce by adding dry spices to a small bowl and adding enough water to make a pourable sauce. Set aside.
3) Prep veggies and warm a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add olive oil and the onion and red pepper. Season with a pinch each salt and pepper and stir. Cook until softened – about 5 minutes.
4) Add kale, season with a bit more salt and pepper, and cover to steam for 2 minutes.
5) In the meantime, unwrap tofu and use a fork to crumble into bite-sized pieces.
6) Use a spatula to move the veggies to one side of the pan and add tofu. Sauté for 2 minutes, then add sauce, pouring it mostly over the tofu and a little over the veggies. Stir immediately, evenly distributing the sauce. Cook for another 5-7 minutes until tofu is slightly browned.
7) Serve immediately with the breakfast potatoes, toast, or fruit. Enjoy!
Support Christian Journalism
Freedom is Not Free! Free Speech is essential to a functioning Republic. The assault on honest, Christian Journalism and Media has taken a devastating toll over the last two years. Many Christian media outlets have not survived.
It is through your Generosity and Support that we are able to promote Free Speech and Safeguard our Freedoms and Liberties throughout our Communities and the Nation. Without your donations, we cannot continue to publish articles written through a Biblical worldview.
Please consider donating or subscribing today. A donation of any size makes a Big Difference. Thank you for your Support!