Katy Christian Ministries (KCM) has been a place of hope and transformation for 34 years in the Katy/West Houston Community. Founded by a collaboration of churches as a way to address growing needs in the community, KCM provides critical help at what is often the point of desperation in the lives of those who need it. KCM strives to strengthen families by providing comprehensive case management, emergency financial assistance to prevent homelessness, supplemental food, help with Health Benefits Access such as Gold Card, SNAP, TANF, Medicaid, Medicare, and CHIP, as well as safety planning, counseling, and advocacy for victims of Domestic Violence or Sexual Abuse. “KCM helped me and my family 7 years ago. I now own my own business and I am able to come back and share the love back with them. Whatever situation you are in, never give up…let this be an example that anything is possible”
– Andrew, former client, now a donor.
Key Achievements of Katy Christian Ministries in 2017:
- KCM spent $3.25m on Programs providing services free of charge to the community.
- The Crisis Center assisted 620 victims of domestic violence and 292 victims of sexual abuse.
- Social Services assisted 8,216 families. • $424,000 was used for direct financial assistance for emergency shelter, mortgage/rent, and utilities.
- 1,658 families were assisted with Health Benefits Access Program including, Medicaid, Medicare, SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program), Gold Card, TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families), CHIP (Children’s Health Insurance Program).
- The Food Pantry served 3,166 families and distributed 605,588 meals.
- With the Board of Directors assistance, KCM achieved a successful & clean 2017 Audited Financial Statement for the second year in a row, confirming all financial controls are in place and in compliance.
- KCM improved efficiencies to invest an outstanding 0.89 cents of every dollar to helping our families in need through their Counseling, Crisis Center, Food Pantry, and Social Services Programs.
- “Financial accountability and transparency is important to us at Katy Christian Ministries and we have worked very hard to demonstrate a new standard of good stewardship to the churches, foundations, organizations, businesses, and individuals who give to support the life transforming work of KCM” says Deysi Crespo, Executive Director.
“The 89% ratio is remarkably high, and we attribute this to our increased commitment to financial accountability and board involvement. We are so blessed to live in such a generous, loving, and faithful community that allowed us to achieve great outcomes even in the midst of Harvey and during the long term recovery phase we are currently in.” Katy Christian Ministries would like to invite the community to attend their 14th Annual “Transforming Lives” Gala, September 25th, 2018 starting at 6pm at the historical Beckendorff Farms in Katy, TX. Tickets and Sponsorship information are available at www.ktcm.org/gala2018.
An exciting announcement will be made at the event that you won’t want to miss. Katy Christian Ministries relies on the financial support of local churches, organizations, foundations, businesses, social clubs, and community members to continue serving the needs of the community. Katy Christian Ministries is accredited by the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA), meeting their Seven Standards of Responsible Stewardship. KCM is also a Gold Star participant with GuideStar.org, and is an Accredited Charity by the BBB of Greater Houston and South Texas. The organization’s financial statements are available to the public and can be found online at www.ktcm.org. “Katy Christian Ministries is grateful to all those in our community for their ongoing support that allowed us to overcome the obstacles Harvey presented with our own facilities being flooded. Despite these challenges, KCM accomplished much in 2017 through God’s provision and guidance, and continues to thrive and grow with realistic goals aligned with our Strategic Plan for the coming years,” Kent Black, KCM Board President For more information please visit: www.ktcm.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org. To stay informed about KCM, Text “KCM” to 42828.