• 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice (100 g)
• 1 cup chopped red cabbage (80 g)
• 1/2 head of broccoli, chopped
• 1/2 chopped red bell pepper
• 1/2 chopped zucchini
• 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 4 cloves of garlic, minced
• 1 handful fresh parsley, finely chopped
• 1/8 tsp cayenne powder
• 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
• Sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
1. Cook the brown rice according to package directions.
2. Place some water in a wok or frying pan and bring it to a boil. Then add the veggies (they must be covered by the water) and cook for 1 to 2 minutes over high-heat. Drain the veggies and set aside.
3. Heat the oil in the wok and add the garlic, cayenne powder and parsley. Cook over high-heat for 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the vegetables, rice & tamari. Cook for about 1 to 2 min more.
5. Add some sesame seeds for garnish (optional).
6. Store the brown rice stir-fry in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
• Feel free to use other grains, veggies, spices or other non-refined oil.
• To make an oil-free recipe, just cook the garlic, cayenne powder and parsley in some water or oil-free broth. You could also omit step number 3, use some garlic powder and cook it with the cayenne powder, parsley, veggies and rice for a few minutes.
• If you don’t like spicy food, omit the cayenne powder or add less.
Prep Time: 10 min. | Cook Time: 35 min. | Total Time: 45 min.