Sharing news of a church planting is always exciting, especially when the atmosphere is casual and everyone is welcome. The motto at New Creation Lutheran Church is: No matter who you are… where you’ve been… what you’ve done or haven’t done… you are welcomed as a friend and cared for as God’s special gift at New Creation.
In a blend of liturgical and contemporary, Dr. Dale Olson leads this new congregation after spending over 30 years in ministry. “We are a church with a big heart for people and a big vision to change the world through God’s love.”
Meet the Olsons
As senior pastor of New Creation, Dr. Olson has formerly led four congregations and has been an ELCA Associate Director for Evangelism. Happily married for 33 years, he and his wife Alene love ministering together. Dr. Olson enjoys leading marriage seminars. Mrs. Olson is a research analyst and former teacher and children’s minister. Together they began two preschools and have a big heart for children and their parents.
Music is also a passion. “We love to share our music together. Alene directs our children’s choir, Rainbow Company.” They are parents of three wonderful children, and have one daughter-in-law and grandson.
Dr. Olson, himself, was a teacher before God called him into the ministry. “While I attended seminary, I was a youth director at a mission congregation and witnessed first hand the enthusiasm as a church grows.” Now the excitement begins anew as New Creation grows a congregation that is grace-filled and open to second chances.
Planting in Fulshear
Their bishop shared his desire to plant a church in the Fulshear area. In June 2012, a group of people answered the call and have already hosted a Children and Pet Blessing before the start of school, participated in Fulshear’s clean-up day, a food drive, a Peru ministry, and other activities of the community.
Now February has arrived with flurry of activity. This vibrant new church shares details about where to meet and what to expect:
• Tuesday, February 12: Supper-time revival of the tradition of serving pancakes on Fat Tuesday at the Irene Stern Community Center. Chef Carlos Vasquez of the Hyatt Regency Houston is the pancake master. When asked to volunteer, he replied: “Pancakes are too simple. I’ll have to add something special. You’ ll have to come to find out what.”
• Wednesday, February 13: Ash Wednesday service at 7 p.m. to mark the first day of Lent, as Christians to reflect on their faith, repent, and do spiritual disciplines which help them leave sinful habits and addictions and feel closer to God. During a traditional Ash Wednesday, the sign of the cross is lightly rubbed on foreheads with ashes from Palm Sunday branches from the previous year. This sign of commitment to Jesus Christ reminds all of the assurance of forgiveness… and being a new creation.
• Saturday, February 16: Inviting all men! At 8:30 a.m., the 10-year long Men’s Bible Study comes to Essence House Café in Fulshear each Saturday morning. The gathering is led by Bob Patton, Mike Roberts and Curt Long.
• Sunday, February 17: Dedication! A five acre parcel of land for the future site of New Creation Church’s building will be set aside as a holy place to minister to people’s holy longing. Bill Archer, member of New Creation, says, “This piece of land is one of the higher spots in Fulshear. Our prayer is that we’ll be a beacon to the community.”
• Sunday, March 17: First Communion Training for children and their parents.
• Sunday, March 24: First Communion for the children during the worship service.
• Sunday, March 31: The children will be given a memorable photo of their First Communion.
The community is invited to attend any or all of these observances and celebrations. Check out the website at www.newcreationfulshear.org. Visit New Creation Lutherna Church at the Irene Stern Community Center of Fulshear, located at 6920 Katy-Fulshear Drive.
Support Christian Journalism
Freedom is Not Free! Free Speech is essential to a functioning Republic. The assault on honest, Christian Journalism and Media has taken a devastating toll over the last two years. Many Christian media outlets have not survived.
It is through your Generosity and Support that we are able to promote Free Speech and Safeguard our Freedoms and Liberties throughout our Communities and the Nation. Without your donations, we cannot continue to publish articles written through a Biblical worldview.
Please consider donating or subscribing today. A donation of any size makes a Big Difference. Thank you for your Support!