Serves 2 Ingredients
- 1 14-oz. package extra firm tofu, pressed for 2+ hours
- 1 1” piece ginger, peeled and grated
- ⅓ cup coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup, divided
- 2 tsp. toasted sesame oil divided
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 – 2 ½ green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 Tbsp. white miso or tahini
- 1 Tbsp. unseasoned white vinegar
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 medium carrots peeled and julienned
- 1 cup cooked shelled edamame
- 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- Steamed jasmine rice (for serving)
- Cilantro leaves, destemmed (for serving)
Drain liquid from tofu. Wrap it in paper towels, and place something heavy on top of it to press all liquid out. Leave for at least 2 hours.
Unwrap tofu and cut into 1” cubes. Whisk ginger, ¼ cup coconut aminos (or soy sauce), 1 Tbsp. maple syrup, and 1 tsp. sesame oil in a large bowl until combined. Add tofu and gently toast to coat. Sprinkle cornstarch over the mixture and stir until incorporated. Allow it to marinade for a minimum of 15 minutes. The longer you give tofu to marinade, the more flavorful it will be.
While tofu is marinating, preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or oiled aluminum foil. Then, remove tofu and spread out on baking sheet. Bake, turning once halfway through, until golden brown with a thin crust (25 – 30 minutes).
Whisk green onions, garlic, miso (or tahini), white vinegar, red pepper flakes, and remaining 2-3 Tbsp. coconut aminos (or soy sauce), 1 Tbsp. maple syrup, and 1 tsp. sesame oil to combine.
Serve tofu over rice with carrots and edamame. Drizzle with green onion sauce, and top with sesame seeds and cilantro leaves.
- Can top with other ingredients you have laying around, like fresh cucumber slices.
- For more flavorful tofu, add a bit of leftover marinade to tofu before baking. Too much will leave a mess in the oven.
- If you’re sensitive to sodium, opt for coconut aminos over soy sauce.
- If you prefer crispier tofu, try pan-frying once marinated, rather than baking.
Support Christian Journalism
Freedom is Not Free! Free Speech is essential to a functioning Republic. The assault on honest, Christian Journalism and Media has taken a devastating toll over the last two years. Many Christian media outlets have not survived.
It is through your Generosity and Support that we are able to promote Free Speech and Safeguard our Freedoms and Liberties throughout our Communities and the Nation. Without your donations, we cannot continue to publish articles written through a Biblical worldview.
Please consider donating or subscribing today. A donation of any size makes a Big Difference. Thank you for your Support!