I absolutely loathe wasting food. We’ve all experienced those manic health-kicks… where we get super enthused about cooking, run to the store and buy a ton of produce, use around half of it, and then the rest slowly decays in our refrigerators while we order takeout. It’s a shameful feeling.
This Leftovers Potato Hash recipe is a delicious hack to use your “still edible but not quite as appealing” produce. When combined with a protein, this works excellently as a stand-alone meal, but it also serves well as a side dish or an appetizer. Happy cooking!
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 40-45 mins
Yield: 2-3 servings
● 1lb red potatoes, roughly chopped/diced
● 3 cloves garlic, minced
● 1 onion, chopped
● ⅛ cup olive oil
● ¼ stick butter, melted
● ½ teaspoon sea salt
● ¼ teaspoon garlic or onion salt
● ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
● ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
● ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
Tip: These are the ingredients that I typically have laying around and throw in; adjust based on your preferred flavor combinations + what’s in your home!
● ½ green bell pepper, seeded and roughly chopped
● ½ red bell pepper, seeded and roughly chopped
● Fresh lemon
1. Preheat the oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil,
and coat it with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, toss together the potatoes, garlic, onion, olive oil, butter and seasonings. Mix in leftover ingredient selections. Drizzle a bit of lemon juice over the hash.
3. Bake for 10 – 15 minutes, and then shake the pan, and bake for another 10 minutes.
4. Raise the heat to 500F, and bake for an additional 10 – 15 minutes, until the potatoes are
crisp and brown.
5. Sprinkle with a little more salt and pepper and fresh lemon juice. Serve and enjoy!
Support Christian Journalism
Freedom is Not Free! Free Speech is essential to a functioning Republic. The assault on honest, Christian Journalism and Media has taken a devastating toll over the last two years. Many Christian media outlets have not survived.
It is through your Generosity and Support that we are able to promote Free Speech and Safeguard our Freedoms and Liberties throughout our Communities and the Nation. Without your donations, we cannot continue to publish articles written through a Biblical worldview.
Please consider donating or subscribing today. A donation of any size makes a Big Difference. Thank you for your Support!