More than 35 million men and 21 million women in the U.S. experience hair loss or thinning by age 40. There are many underlying causes, including hormonal imbalances, serious illness and nutritional deficiencies. Stress is another factor, and as you know, there has been no shortage of stress this year.
Although you can’t change your genes, you can slow most types of hair loss and promote new growth—starting with a remarkable topical treatment our guests are raving about.
Breakthrough Treatment for Hair Loss
Phys Pref Hair Support Solution is a unique compounded product that gets to the root of hair loss. This proprietary formula contains two active ingredients:
- GHK-Cu: CHK-Cu is a naturally occurring copper tripeptide that plays a role in hair growth and skin repair. A potent antioxidant, it easily penetrates the hair follicles and helps preserve both color and shine while protecting against UV radiation from the sun and other sources of oxidative stress. GHK-Cu also stimulates blood flow to the scalp, which improves the delivery of oxygen and nutrients, and lengthens the hair’s active growth phase, resulting in more new hair follicles.
- Progesterone: Produced in men as well as women, progesterone blocks an enzyme that converts testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT). High levels of DHT shrink hair follicles, which causes the hair to thin and makes new growth more difficult. By decreasing DHT, progesterone enhances regrowth.
Phys Pref Hair Support Solution, compounded by Physicians Preference Pharmacy, is designed to be used by both men and women. It may be applied to a select area or to the entire scalp. Phys Pref Hair Support Solution is easy to use, and it starts working right away. After applying a few drops to the affected area one or twice daily, many of our guests are reporting a decrease in hair loss and noticeable new growth within just weeks.
Hair and Hormones
Another treatable cause of hair loss is hormonal imbalances. Hormone disruptions are notorious for causing thinning of the hair, but because hair loss is usually accompanied by other symptoms that could be due to any number of health challenges, hormones are often overlooked as an underlying cause. If you are experiencing hair loss, you owe it to yourself to have comprehensive hormone testing by a doctor experienced in bioidentical hormone replacement.
- Hypothyroidism: Thinning hair, along with fatigue and weight gain, is a cardinal symptom of low thyroid function (hypothyroidism). You may not realize this, but 1 in 10 U.S. adults have hypothyroidism. Most of them, however, have not been diagnosed or treated. Compounded T3 and T4 thyroid hormones are an excellent treatment for all these symptoms, including hair loss.
- Postpartum and menopause: Hair loss/thinning is a common complaint following childbirth and during and after menopause. It also occurs in some women who are on birth control pills as well as those with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). All are related to fluctuating levels of not only estrogen and progesterone but also testosterone. Correcting imbalances in these hormones can help with hair loss and thinning on your head. Plus, it also helps reduce the growth of facial peach fuzz and chin hairs.
- Low testosterone: As mentioned above, higher concentrations of DHT contribute to hair loss, and the conversion of testosterone to DHT increases as men get older. Age-related hormonal changes also stimulate hair growth in places you’d rather not have it, such as the ears and nose. Paradoxically, declining levels of testosterone, which are a normal part of aging, can contribute to hair loss as well. In addition to normalizing levels with testosterone replacement, therapies like Phys Pref Hair Support Solution that block the conversion of DHT can help.
A Nutritional Approach
A nutrient-rich whole-foods eating plan is the foundation of good health. Adequate intake of protein is particularly important when it comes to your hair. Protein is the primary constituent of hair, and deficiencies can result in significant hair loss. Healthy fats like olive oil and omega-3s are also essential, as are a number of vitamins and minerals:
- Vitamin A, C & E: In addition to their antioxidant effects, each of these vitamins has demonstrated benefits for the hair and skin. Vitamin A, for example, is involved in the production of sebum (oil), which moisturizes the scalp; and vitamin C is required for the formation of collagen, the hair’s structural protein.
- Biotin: This B vitamin, which is renowned for its effects on the hair, has been demonstrated to enhance regrowth, especially in people who are biotin deficient.
- Zinc & Iron: Hair loss is a classic symptom of both zinc and iron deficiency. Many people, especially women of childbearing age, are low in iron. However, I do not recommend taking supplemental iron unless you have a proven iron deficiency.
The best way to get these important vitamins and minerals is to take a potent daily multivitamin and mineral supplement. For extra protection, consider adding a product that targets hair and skin health. Key ingredients to look for include higher doses of biotin (2,000 mcg) and botanicals such as horse chestnut, gotu kola, ashwagandha and saw palmetto.
Have Realistic Expectations
Unfortunately, some types of hair loss are irreversible, and there is no treatment on earth that will give everyone a full head of lustrous hair. Therefore, it is important to manage expectations. Nevertheless, many of our guests at the Hotze Health & Wellness Center will attest to the benefits of bioidentical hormone replacement, improved nutrition and Phys Pref Hair Support Solution for promoting hair regrowth.
Ask your doctor about Phys Pref Hair Support Solution, available only at Physicians Preference Pharmacy, 281-828-9088, physicianspreferencerx.com. To learn more or schedule a Free Wellness Consultation—via telemedicine or at the Hotze Health & Wellness Center—call us at 281-698-8698 or visit hotzehwc.com. All the supplements discussed above are available at hotzevitamins.com or by calling 281-646-1659.