- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup white or brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- ¾ cup non-dairy milk (i.e. oat, soy or almond milk)
- ¼ cup light oil (i.e. coconut, canola or vegetable oil)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 medium ripe banana cut into chunks
- ½ cup chopped, raw walnuts or pecans, plus extra to sprinkle on top
- 1+ tablespoon vegan butter to spread on muffins when cooling (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400F. Lightly grease the cups of a muffin pan or fill with 12 (or 6) non-stick liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together all of the dry ingredients.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together mashed banana with all of the wet ingredients.
- Add the wet bowl into the dry bowl, and mix until it’s just starting to come together. Be careful not to overmix, because this will make your muffins less tender. Add in the chopped banana and nuts and give it a couple more stirs.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin pan, and finish by sprinkling extra nuts on top (optional). You can strategically place the nuts – get creative!
- Bake for 20 to 26 minutes, until the muffins have risen and are golden brown on the edges, and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- For a tender and moist muffin, poke holes in the muffins with a fork and spread a vegan butter on top while they’re cooling. This will soak into the muffins and bring out their salt. Then, let cool for at least 10 minutes before enjoying.
Support Christian Journalism
Freedom is Not Free! Free Speech is essential to a functioning Republic. The assault on honest, Christian Journalism and Media has taken a devastating toll over the last two years. Many Christian media outlets have not survived.
It is through your Generosity and Support that we are able to promote Free Speech and Safeguard our Freedoms and Liberties throughout our Communities and the Nation. Without your donations, we cannot continue to publish articles written through a Biblical worldview.
Please consider donating or subscribing today. A donation of any size makes a Big Difference. Thank you for your Support!